Routine Dental Examination
Regular Check-ups For Your Long-Term Dental Health
Regular dental check-ups and routine examinations play an important part in maintaining your long-term dental health and oral hygiene, and as we now know, has important links to your general health too. By visiting your dentist regularly, they’ll be able to make sure everything is going well, check the progress of any ongoing treatments, and detect any potential problems before they get serious.
At The Mead Dental, we always recommend you visit us for a routine check-up examination at regular intervals following your initial new patient examination. During your routine check-up, you can expect your dentist to carry out some or all of the following:
- Overall dental health and oral hygiene check
- Mouth cancer screening of the inside of your mouth, lips, tongue, and salivary glands
- Check jaw joints, lymph glands, salivary glands, thyroid and muscles of your head and neck
- Check for signs of gum disease or tooth decay or damage
- Take dental X-Rays to check for any decay or disease such as cysts or infection
Once your check-up is complete, we’ll hopefully be able to give you a clean bill of oral health. However, sometimes further treatments may be required. If this is the case, we’ll give you a detailed treatment plan, explain your options and any costs involved before you begin any treatment.
After your check-up, your next routine examination can be arranged with our reception team before you leave. We’ll even send you a reminder prior to your appointment.
Would highly recommend for friendly and professional dental care!